Our Engraving Process
A lot of love goes in to each and every boot we engrave.
The process works like this:
- Your order is received by our graphic artist, who creates a custom mask in the font you choose.
- The order is then proofed for accuracy and taken to our development room.
- The velum paper is then developed under a special light.
- The velum mask is separated and carefully applied to the boot. The remaining top portion of the boot is taped to protect it throughout the rest of the process.
- Our own Vana White demonstrates the Engravoblaster 5000.
- The velum area is finely sandblasted, leaving a smooth, clear etch. This process is significantly clearer and better than cheap laser engraving, which blisters class and causes rough fragments in the surface.
- A close-up of the actual engraving
- After the sandblasting process is complete, each boot is taken for a bath where the protective masking tape, and velum is removed, leaving only your engraved text. They are thoroughly cleaned and safely packaged. Below, a batch of boots ready to be shipped.
Watch the video below